Thursday, May 31, 2012

Things I ponder...

Why is a baby cow a calf AND the lower, back portion of my leg is called a calf? What is the connection between the two? Which came first? The calf or the calf? Were baby cow calves named after my leg calves, or were my leg calves inexplicably named after baby cow calves? And while we're on the subject, why is the plural of calf calves? And why does it start to look like an alien word or a foreign language after you've written it or seen it too many times?

Tartlet.

There are the things I ponder when I read Pioneer Woman and misread when she's talking about the baby cow calves that they're working and instead think she's talking about her husbands calves. Hey, don't look at me, she's talked about forearms before. It's entirely plausible.

And it's all her fault.

Pioneer Woman strikes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment