Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Summer Celebration!

Two Mondays ago was Jason's final Final of the YEAR!! So to celebrate (because I love any excuse to celebrate) I planned out a WHOLE WEEK of fun activities! Originally, I was going to plan a weekend, but there was a dire need for garage sale-ing. (Mom, bet you never thought you'd hear me say that!).  So instead, I planned out a little thing for each day of the week after I got off work.

Monday we didn't do anything because he had his last final at 8:00 at night (yikes, UF!)

Tuesday, we had a veg out day to let his brain relax and to begin the summer in true L&J style. Because Jason already figured out what we were doing on Thursday, we decided to watch all of the movies leading up to the big night! The Avengers! So on Tuesday, we watched Iron Man and The Hulk. (HULK SMASH! - we had to watch that part a couple times)

Outside of the card
Inside the card! (That says Pizza, not Rizza.)


I have a good helper. He likes to be where I am.

Wednesday, we went to a nearby park for a picnic and to play frisbee! I learned how to properly catch and release a frisbee! Our frisbee adventure was cut short because I had choir rehearsal, but we resumed our celebration afterwards with $5 Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish. So flipping delicious. Also, the cheapest Bonefish date ever!

Outside
Inside

Thursday was originally supposed to be a surprise, we were going to the midnight premiere of the Avengers, but he figured it out and then I had some bank problems so he ended up buying the tickets for us. But it was SO AWESOME! Our theater was hilarious.  We were in a Regal and they always have a roller coaster when the previews are about to start so you know the movie is coming and to quiet down.  Its a first person perspective and you go up and down on a roller coaster through giant popcorn and sodas and other various concessions.  Jason and I usually pretend we are on the roller coaster but we are very subtle about it so that other movie goers aren't disturbed.... by us. Well, when the roller coaster started, over half of the theater throws their hands in the air and leans back and forth in all the turns and drops going "WOOOO!!!!!"

Then, after the movie was over, the credits began rolling and about 8 people got up to leave (noobs). The guy sitting directly in front of us shouts as loud as he can "SIT DOWN, YOU FOOLS! YOU CAN'T LEAVE YET!!" And everyone else burst out laughing.... because we're in the know. You ALWAYS stay for the sneak peek at the end. Those poor souls ignored his advice and left anyway.

It was the single greatest movie-going experience of our lives.

Envelope

Outside

Inside

 I had originally thought I would have Monday through Thursday for events, so I planned an extra one, but seeing as Jason's final was obnoxiously late, it got bumped to the next week.  I don't really have a good picture of the event itself, but I got 150 glow-in-the-dark stars and put them all over my ceiling. Jason and I love stargazing and we are always wanting to go, but don't because of light pollution, or bugs, or weather, or work in the morning, or whatever. So now we can stargaze whenever we want! Fun Fact: Jason had no idea how glow in the dark stars worked. He LOVED them!

"You are cordially invited...."

"I would be distinctly honored if you would join me for an evening under the stars.
Please RSVP with a kiss"

Each day, he got coupons with his activity! There were like, 2 or 3 per day. He's really excited about them, but will likely save them for so long he forgets he has them.


 



It was an AWESOME week full of fun Summer things and it rang in the summer excellently for the both of us!  And just because I know you want to see this:

Kitty in wrapping paper!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I left you a comment yesterday about this blog but, alas, I don't see it anywhere. I said that those daily surprises were such a fun and creative idea for you and Jason! I also said I love that kitty, kitty and am probably the only one that, yes, wants to see a picture of that kiki in wrapping paper ;)

    ReplyDelete