Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Facebook Has an Imp

This morning an imp invaded my facebook.

Imps are common problems in technology, in case you didn't know. They are always hopping in things, messing them up, and leaving just as suddenly as they came.

Every inexplicable technological problem you have that mysteriously resolves itself after torturing you with varying levels of mischief was caused by such an imp. Also, the kind that don't mysteriously resolve themselves. Imps there too.

Today, there is an imp in my facebook. Not the kind that really makes a mess of things and shuts down computers or convinces cell phones to leap out of the safety of an owner's pocket into the watery depths of the nearest toilet or washing machine, but the kind that just makes enough trouble to be aggrivating. 

My facebook imp makes my FB newsfeed continually jump right back to the top, no matter where I am in the page. I could have scrolled down to Timbuktu and have been reading about something that happened last week, when all of a sudden, with no warning or cause - JUMP! - suddenly I am staring at that blasted first post on my newsfeed again. No worries, though, I'll just scroll back down, I think. Right? Obnoxious, but easily resolved.

*scroll scroll* goes my mouse.

JUMP! goes the imp. Right. Back. To. The. Top.

Well now that's just insulting. I try to see if I can outsmart this FB imp. I let my mouse wander around the screen as if I am perusing my options to play Gardens of Time, and then ah HA! I scroll so fast I must be halfway through yesterday!

Jump! goes the imp. Ever so nonchalantly. Like he was waiting for me.

Then in dire frustration I vow FB off completely (only for the next few minutes, of course, I am from this generation after all) and log off to blog about the imp and expose him to the world. Or at least the 3 people who read this blog. 

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

You're welcome, you three.

1 comment: