Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Nanny-Auntie

In about 2 1/2 months, I will be moving from this Swampland to the "north" South - North Carolina!! I will be living with my sister and brother-in-law and nannying for my newest adorable nephew! For a little backstory:

He was born 9 weeks early at 3lbz 6oz by emergency C-section.  He and his loving, attentive parents and assorted grandparents stayed by his side in the NICU for about 2 months until it was finally time to come home! Now, clearly, I've skipped a bunch of his story, but that is my sister's story to tell (link to be added). He has since been doing spectacularly and is (what seems like in comparison) a pudgy 7lbs and some oz change! His adjusted age (how old he would be if he were born on his due date) is now about 1 1/2 weeks old. He's already rolled himself over! I am very excited to be his nanny (I hear he is very snuggly! I love baby snuggles!)

I will be his Nanny-Auntie when his Mommy goes back to work.  I think this calls for a theme song.... (to the tune of The Nanny theme - if you dont know it, shame on you)

"She was working as receptionist in swampy lands
til her sister had a kid and needed a helping hand.
What else could she do? Why would she not go?
They were in need of a nanny!
So all the way from Florida to her sister's door,
She was there to feed bottles and change diapers galore!
She has style! She has flair! And nice hair!
She is the Nanny-Auntie!!"

Yup, that should do it. Just play that everytime I walk in the room from now on, please. Thank you.

Look at this sweet little face!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment