Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Donuts for Breakfast, Cinnamon Rolls for Lunch!

I very much love where I work.

I (up til today) have been the only girl working in an office of four men and two occasional male interns. They are some of the sweetest men on the planet. I know they would do anything for me in a heartbeat.  They are also silly, strange men sometimes and I've grown accustomed to their manly strangeness.

The atmosphere of my job is best illustrated by the way Bubba (boss man) introduced our new Girl Intern (our only one!) to the office. He took her around to each cubicle and introduced her to everybody in turn, and then as soon as he introduced her to the very last person, he said, "Now I'll show you where the water is."

The water is in the fridge. This is clearly just under knowing who you work with on the Work Priorities Scale. 

Then he turned to the mostly-empty box of Publix donuts and near-demolished box of cinnamon rolls(Publix... I shall miss you dreadfully when I move to the Northern of the Carolinas!) and said "Vic brings in lunch every day, so you can always have lunch here" and just moved on like that was that and we all eat donuts for lunch everyday. (Really, Bubba, we all know its breakfast)

Now, to clarify the donuts thing... We do have bakery goods rather frequently. For the first month I worked here, we literally had a baked good almost every day.  (Have I mentioned this is a horrible place to work and we're all health food nuts?) Lately, though, its tapered off to once or twice a week. It just so happened that today was a donut day for Girl Intern. 

It was really all I could do to not laugh out loud when he kept on with his little tour and she was left perplexed about the lunch habits of her coworkers.

It's the little things, really, that make this job so great.


Not to mention I get complimented ALL THE TIME on my speedy phone answering skills. Mostly by the people calling in. It's hilarious every time.

2 comments:

  1. I can't promise donuts for breakfast every day but I CAN offer snuggly baby hugs and kitty kisses. WAY better than Publix donuts if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are also much better for my waistline, which is expanding rather rapidly. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete