Monday, July 18, 2011

The First Day

I woke up bright and early for my very first day as a psychiatrist's assistant.  I budgeted my time perfectly and arrived at 8:30 on the dot! However the gentleman who was supposed to be training me.... was not. So I waited in the lobby until he frantically arrived and showed me to my desk. (I have a desk! With a computer! and a phone with my own extension!) I was then whisked away to have a meeting with the Doctor himself, where he told me aaaaalllllllllll of the tiny details ill have to remember to do each and every time I plan out one of his speaking engagements.  Afterwards, I returned to my desk and proceeded to do very little the whole rest of the day.  I familiarized myself with their appointments program, I ate my lunch in my car while parking in front of McAllisters, I stood around in the way, and I sat at my desk doing absolutely nothing and wondering if there was some pressing matter I should be attending to.  The Doctor was seeing patients all day long and around 520 I asked when I was supposed to leave and they said I could after I checked in with the Doctor after his last patient.... about 30 minutes later I got a call saying he had already left... So I left too. And that was my very first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment