Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Fifth Birthday We've Celebrated Together

Yesterday was my darling Jason's 22nd birthday.  Being the impeccably perfect girlfriend I am, I still have not sent him his present.  So I decided to honor his birthday by wearing a Gator shirt on UCF game day (ah, who am I kidding. I don't even know if they played, who they played, or who won.) and sending him periodical texts explaining 22 reasons I love him.  Today, I will share those with the 5 people who read my blog. (Thanks, guys!)

1.  I love him because even when I freak out on him he still loves me and lets me ask for forgiveness.
2.  I love when he butt texts me from work because it means I was the last person he spoke to and I love talking to him.
3.  I love his voice.  I love how he always knows what to say when I'm upset and when he doesn't need to say anything at all.
4.  I love him because of the man he is becoming. A man worthy of my trust and respect. I love that I can be proud of the man he is now.
5.  I love him because of the way other people admire him and feel inclined to follow him.  He is a natural leader, and I love that.
6.  I love his big, strong muscles.
7.  I love that he loves music and singing and singing with me.
8.  I love him because he is such an amazing chef. I love that he knows his way around the kitchen and likes to share that with me.
9.  I love him because he's hilarious. He is so funny and clever and I love his sense of humor.
10.  I love him because he is a tender warrior.  He is so sweet and gentle with me, but he can be fierce and strong and rugged.
11.  I love that he is a REAL bear! (inside joke)
12.  I love our almost 5 year long game of Who Can Find the Big Dipper First?
13.  I love that I have only grown to love him more as our relationship has progressed.
14.  I love him because he loves me dearly and loves my family as his own. 
15.  I love that he has fun and silly inside jokes with me.
16.  I love that he is my very best friend.
17.  I love how he smells (when he isn't sweaty and icky).
18.  I love him because he makes me want to be the best I can be for him.
19.  I love watching him come into his own, defining himself as a man in his own right.
20.  I love that he is a Disney freak just like me. :)
21.  I love he loved Oliver as his own and that we were a little family unit together.
22.  I love him because he's adventurous and always ready to try new things and he pushes me to try them with him. I love his wild spirit, even when I try to contain it.

And a bonus for not posting this on his birthday and not sending his present on time (Have I mentioned I'm the perfect girlfriend?):  I love getting to watch his faith develop. I love watching what God is doing in his life.  I love watching him learn from his brothers and I love that he gets the opportunity to turn around and influence the lives of his pledges. 

I love you, Jason. Happy (belated) 22nd Birthday.

'11 - Phi Lamb Spring Formal

'11 - Epic Disney trip

'08 - Teamwork putting up drywall.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jason! Can't wait to see you this Winter (and I hope NC puts on it's big-kid underpants and shows you a decent winter while you're here).

    And Sister, you ARE the perfect girlfriend! And I'm not just saying that cuz you're my little sister. I mean, I'm not biased. I can look at things objectively. Like me saying my baby is the cutest baby in the world... that's just the truth. Your phone on the other hand... it's doing its darndest to make you look less perfect.

    ReplyDelete